Saturday, February 14, 2009

Cracker...
Cracker is our dear sweet great pyrennes dog who looks like a big white polar bear. Blake says he believes she weighs at least 125 lbs. Pretty big. She is the sweetest, most laid back dog we have ever had and we all love her very much. This afternoon she decided to cross the road right in front of a very dear friend of mine. Well.... my sweet friend hit her, after swerving to try and miss her. The girls were out playing b-ball and saw the whole thing. Blake went out to check on her and she finally got up. He took her to Dr. Jones. She could possible have a broken front leg (around the elbow). Dr. Jones is keeping her over night to make sure there is no internal bleeding. He is going to do an x-ray on her leg and hopefully it is not broken. If it is broken he said she would have to see an orthopedic and that if that was the case that was not something he would do to his own dog. However, we can decide. He said with her age and her weight that even if they were able to fix her leg (if it's broken) she would still have a hard time getting around. I say all this to ask for your prayers.... I know she isn't human but my God says ask so I am asking and I hope that you all will too. Kel's heart is breaking. Please pray for Cracker, our family, and my dear sweet friend because it is just about to get the best of her. Whatever happens we will certainly deal with, and we know that this is part of life, but we would so like for Cracker to come home tomorrow or Monday. Thank you all and may God richly bless you all.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. How difficult for the girls and all of you. We will pray for Cracker - she's part of the family and I know that you all love her so much!! Hoping for the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I'm so sorry to hear about her. This brought tears to my eyes. (seems like everything does lately) She's a sweetheart and the mommy of my big baby. I will definately pray for her. I am a huge animal lover so I understand your pain. I even have feelings for our frogs, lizzard, and fish, and of course the cats and dogs. My small farm ... I know Tammy was probably heartbroken too. I will call you soon to get an update on her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry. Our dog was killed over a year ago now. That is a very hard thing to go through; especially for children. I hope she fully recovers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless Cracker!! I'll definitely send up a prayer to God on Cracker's behalf. I hate that the girls had to bear witness to the incident. :( Keep us informed on her condition. Love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Mrs. Turman!! Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete